I created an online store for the movie, Last Ounce of Courage, to sell DVDs, Blu-Rays, and church licenses. I worked directly with our client to meet all her requirements, from major features to design tweaks.
We had already built a site for Last Ounce of Courage on WordPress, so I researched WordPress e-commerce plugins to find a combination that would work.
The site required these features:
- Taxes: Get current tax information based on shipping zip code (required an extra plugin and a spreadsheet of tax information)
- Product Options and Pricing Tiers: Churches can purchase a small, medium, or large church license
- Tax Exemption: Customers must specify whether they are tax exempt or not, and if so, they must provide their Tax ID
- Affiliates: Provide a way to add affiliates, track their earnings, and easily pay them (required an extra plugin)
- Authorize.net integration (required an extra plugin)
- Assure that customers that purchase a church license understand they must email or mail the license agreement
One of our designers mocked up main store pages for DVD/Blu-Ray sales and church license sales, and I styled the store to match the mockups, which required CSS and subtheming store template PHP files.
Then I styled the rest of the checkout pages to match, and I made a few adjustments to the templates and settings, so the user experience would be simpler while still delivering the project on schedule.
Our client was pleased with the result, and I provided guidance on how to manage orders and affiliates.